Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!air question...squeaking-ticking sound

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !air question...squeaking-ticking sound

Hey guys i need some more help diagnosing this issue cause i have to fix it this weekend.

about 3 months ago i did the !air mod and about a month ago i started to get this weird low ticking with kind of a squeak to it that sounded like it was coming from the coil pack area on the drivers side of the motor. So i checked for exhaust leaks and the only one i found was where the block off plate was on the drivers side. So i did the restrictor mod (so my ses light would shut off) and made some better strong gaskets. now the sound has gotten louder, and i can even hear it inside the car like its coming outof my dash! I've checked to see if i was throwing codes yesterday and got nothing. Everything checks out to be running perfectly normal, but this ticking, squeaking sound, its driving me crazy.

Now my question is...when i did the !air mod i never completely removed the system, just put on the block off plates and bolted everything back up cause i originally planned to do the restrictor mod. Is teh vacuum on the air system strong enough to wear out the check valve? to the effect that when i hooked it back up and used the restriction mod that it just accelerated the time the valves burned up?

Thanks for any input
T
Old 08-28-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably best to do some diagnosing. First I'd pull the check valves out of there and see if the noise goes away.

If the noise is loud in the interior, never rule out a collector leak.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would something similar describe a worn spring?
Old 08-30-2004, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

worn spring? Valve spring?