Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster or SLP D/D???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 07:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slik98z
do yourself a favor...instead of wasting money on a flowdisaster...**** i mean flowmasterbater...dammit, FLOWMASTER catback or muffler for your f-body, you might as well leave the stock catback in and get some fancy tips. You'd make more power and it wont sound moaning 2 dollar ***** in the process.

the hooker catback sounds unreal. its partially straight through and has a chamber after that...and i can definately contest to what it looks like exactly as i'm on my 10th exhaust set up and mys econd hooker catback...i traded td's for the hooker cb. and i cut my last aerochamber hooker muffler in half to see what it looked like...its a great design.

just my opinion of course.
T
The reason hes changing is because the exhaust on there now is a custom true dual setup W/O cats that wont get past the referee. He already has the Slp D/D cat-back as well as the flowmaster muffler. I cant say how the D/D sounds but the flowmaster sounded pretty good while it was on my car.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
The reason hes changing is because the exhaust on there now is a custom true dual setup W/O cats that wont get past the referee. He already has the Slp D/D cat-back as well as the flowmaster muffler. I cant say how the D/D sounds but the flowmaster sounded pretty good while it was on my car.

ahh yes i just noticed that this morning. if he has both, then it doesnt really matter i guess. i guess im just one of the few that doesnt like the signature flowmaster sound. :dunno:
Old 10-28-2004, 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slik98z
i guess im just one of the few that doesnt like the signature flowmaster sound. :dunno:
there are plenty of better sounding exhausts then the flowmaster, & Im not a big fan of flowmasters "signature" sound in general but it did sound good a WOT.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

thank you Yenko....finally someone who READS what i write(even tho your the 1 that gave me both those muffler's,LOL!!).i just wanted a concensus on who thinks which one sounds better.but i already got the f/m welded in place(for now)...and on my b-day im gonna put on the hooker.i dont want cut-out's any more...too loud!!(not to mention, extremely illegal).....what i need from you guys now is a smog-legal setup as far as headers....jrp still didnt answer my question from earlier in this post;i know shorties dont add any power over '01-'02 manifold's,or do they???they gotta add something.if i dont do some kind of headers then ill sacrifice power when it comes to bigger, better mods(correct me if im wrong).i just want a good sounding,as well as good flowing exhaust.any help would be, once again , appreciated.im kind of debating on whether or not to take the chance on getting caught by the smog ****'s,if i get some LT's w/the AIR bung's,and just put some high-flow cats on(random tech) and hopefully if i get pulled over ,ill pass the visual by a cop.all this after the referee, of course.im pretty sure i wont get pulled over under those circumstances again(no rear muffler).fu@#en aggravating!!

Last edited by '02SS; 10-28-2004 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

i dont think shorties will flow better then what you have, but i think ive heard they will make the exhaust louder. What about Mac mid lengths, are they legal in Cali ?

I have a friend that runs like 12.20 with stall, mac's mid lengths, small cam around a 224/224 maybe smaller, 3.73s,and all the other normal boltons. (the normal stock ET for an auto at our track is between 13.9-14.2 this is baised on 5 diff LS1 A4's)
Old 10-28-2004, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

im just looking for something smog-legal.of course they wont flow better than the LT's,but better than manifold's??
Old 10-28-2004, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by '02SS
im just looking for something smog-legal.of course they wont flow better than the LT's,but better than manifold's??
Thats what i ment, i dont think storties will flow any better than the '02 manifolds you have already. all youll get is more sound.