Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Vibration...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Snake, I don't think the tranny has been out. It is an automatic. However, I am pretty sure the cam has been swapped. I'm thinking harmonic balancer as well.....maybe an improper install. I've had the car since 04. Had 56k when I got it and rolled 60k in April 2013. I'm military and the car is back home. My old man can't get in it, so no one drives it but me. the car has had the vibration since I got it. It's a 2000 SS.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, did not realize yours was an auto...Do you get the vibration in neutral/park? The dampener may be a good place to start on yours, especially if it has been off and/or if you still get vibration in neutral/park...Would also check motor mounts, transmission mount for damage/wear. The OEM rubber in the stock mounts are bound to be in bad shape if they are still in the car. If those are not the culprit, then you are probably looking a flexplate/torque converter....

You may also consider some basic maintenance first, wires, plugs, fuel filter...If you do end up swapping out the dampener/balancer, would only get ATI, they are a little pricey, but they are the best balancer you can get.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by IASphynx
Thanks for the replies. Snake, I don't think the tranny has been out. It is an automatic. However, I am pretty sure the cam has been swapped. I'm thinking harmonic balancer as well.....maybe an improper install. I've had the car since 04. Had 56k when I got it and rolled 60k in April 2013. I'm military and the car is back home. My old man can't get in it, so no one drives it but me. the car has had the vibration since I got it. It's a 2000 SS.
Dude. I want to personally thank you for your service. I hope that you find a fix for your vibration issues. Mine was a 6-speed. Loved the experience of owning it. That being said, "I enjoy my freedom more!"

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Quick Reply: Engine Vibration...