Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which is louder Flowmaster or Aerochamber?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FM with no cats will make you wanna reach back there and bitch slap it! Terrible rasp!! I put on the hooker and a bullet in the I-pipe and no more rasp. BTW, WOT sounds BAD ***!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Hmmmmmmmm...I personally have a Hooker behind Kook's with a catted-y, and it is quiet inside of the car. That's right...*inside* the car. Outside the car is a whole 'nother story. I let my gf drive the car down the street, and it is fairly loud on the outside.

My buddy has a Flowmaster, and to me, I think it is the best sounding exhaust you can have on an LS1 with stock manifolds and cats. He just put on QTP LTs with their catted-y, and I personally didn't like it as much anymore. It just didn't have that great sound that it had with the manifolds.

FWIW, I really don't like my Hooker either. It isn't exactly what I'm looking for, which is why I'm doing over the axle true duals in the near future. Hopefully that gives me what I'm after. Hell, if I could make my car sound like a Flowmaster with stock manifolds/cats, but keep the flow of my LTs and current catback, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Steve
That's what I said earlier...The Flowmaster has that great deep rumble behind stock manifolds and cats, but just doesn't sound as good once you add longtube headers (and especially without the cats)...It's not as deep and becomes very raspy/poppy...Same thing with the LT1 IMHO...Although it still sounds great with shorties (longtubes just change the tone to a racier, screaming sound)...Some like it, and some don't...I prefer the classic "deep" muscle car rumble at every rpm...It's all in how you set up your car from the engine internals all the way to the exhaust tips...

That said, I'd definitely recommend the Hooker cat-back with longtubes (cats or race pipes) for the better sound and flow on either motor...Now behind stock manifolds, cats, or even shorties (w/ cats), I'd go Flowmaster any day over the Hooker unless I was more concerned with flow instead of sound/tone...

Quick Reply: Which is louder Flowmaster or Aerochamber?