Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone put mufflers directly on the header?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 05:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone put mufflers directly on the header?

This is a track only car....
I just installed a Spohn TQ w/ DS loop and now my X-pipe system must be re bent in order to fit. I was thinking of just putting about 1 ft of pipe of the headers and then taking my flowmaster 1 chambers and putting them on the end of the pipe with turndowns. So in other words, it would almost be just headers and mufflers. Has anyone done this? Will there be any loss in power? Will it sound any different than the X-pipe, other than it being a little louder?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2005, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea it will sound different and be louder... but i dont see any problem with that.. however a friend who has the x pipe and flows, said a buddy tried ti the way ur wanting to do it and it sounded like ***... he swapped back.

by the way this is jp who used to be on scfyb.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seen a few people putting bullets after the headers. I hope your car is stock heigth because you could get some major scraping. Also, the drivers side pipe will have to be bent down then back up to clear the floor but that should be no big deal.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, car is stock height. Loudness will not be an issue but I just want to make sure it will still sound good and I wont lose any power.