Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Exhaust Advice

First let me say I am not asking which performs better, but which do you think would best suit my needs. I currently have Pacesetter Race LT's with their shitty y-pipe going through a dynomouth. It sounds okay while idling, but around 2100-3100 with any thing over 1/4 throttle the damn thing sounds like a dump truck popping bad and loud. So I am considering replacing the ORY w/TSP catted y-pipe or thier TD's. Which is recomended, this is a daily driven M6 TA. On a side note if any of the guys around BMT. w/TD's could let me up with them some where to hear their exhaust I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading.

Michael McCarty
Old 02-07-2005, 02:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I LOVED the sound of my cam through TSP's duals. But, the vibration in my interior was so bad I had pipes run out the back, and it really changed the sound of the exhaust. It is nowhere near as deep anymore, and the lope of the cam is somewhat muffled. Still super loud, though. I'm contemplating changing out those bullets for a different muffler...

Don't know how a stock cammed car would sound with TD's...
Old 02-07-2005, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

thanks for replying Silverhawk, beautiful car by the way. your pics scared me when I looked at you site where the bullets where hanging so low as my car is lowered, but what did you have to do to get it tucked up like in the last 2 pics? thanks again.

Michael
Old 02-07-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4.6gt-2-ls1ta
thanks for replying Silverhawk, beautiful car by the way. your pics scared me when I looked at you site where the bullets where hanging so low as my car is lowered, but what did you have to do to get it tucked up like in the last 2 pics? thanks again.

Michael
Thanks! To fix the clearance, I had to put my floor jack under the bullets and jack them up, and remount the hangers. Which I really should have done in the first place... Just take your time when you put everything together, and it'll be fine. The clearance is really very good. Attached is a more recent clearance pic.
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Advice-pict0117.jpg  
Old 02-07-2005, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

thanks that picture makes me feel better about the clearance, though my car is quite a bit lower than that I still feel comfortable after seeing how high it looks on your car.

Michael
Old 02-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Teching In

I was wondering if you could help me out. You said that you have the tsp t/d and they run all tthe way out the back. How did you do that, or I should sya what did you to in order to get it that way. Also I like you setup what kind of headers do you have.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WALLY99'SS
I was wondering if you could help me out. You said that you have the tsp t/d and they run all tthe way out the back. How did you do that, or I should sya what did you to in order to get it that way. Also I like you setup what kind of headers do you have.
I cut off the turndowns and had 3" pipes run under the axle. The headers are Pacestter's, with none of the emissions crap (race).