Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header/exhaust question ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 02:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header/exhaust question ?

I have FLP LT headers, custom FLP Y pipe with high flow cats and borla catback exhaust on my 2002 WS6. I was looking to put in the off-road pipes and take out the cats, so my car would run with virtually no back pressure. Is there any danger to running a "stock" motor with just basic bolt-ons and have no back pressure? I have heard that some back pressure is good, and if you dont have any you might warp something in the engine. I was just wondering the ups and downs to back pressure on the exhaust system. Any advice and opinions would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, FWIW, I run a catless true dual setup that goes through bullets coming off of Kooks headers. My car is a bolt on only car, and has suffered no ill effects. Neither will yours IMO. If I were you, I'd be more worried about the sound with that setup. I've heard what you are talking about doing in person, and it is rasp city.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You won't see 0 back pressure unless you cut the header primaries down to about 1" and run 8 little pipes.

edit: Oh yeah...uh that's bad. Don't do that.