Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter LTs and true duals question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter LTs and true duals question

Hey guys,

I am going to be picking my car up on thursday(hopefully) after looking for it for almost 6 months now...
Anyways i have been looking into doing some bolt ons to hold me over for a while. I think that off of the bat i am going to get Pacesetter LTs and TSP true duals, along with a lid and a TNT wet kit(maybe ). anyways what i was going to ask is this,

Should i get the Race version and just eliminate the AIR that is on my vehicle? also from my understand the 01 will already not have EGR...correct? if it does should i eliminate that as well? if i do i can have the codes thrown via a chip/tune/something from one of the sponsors, right. i am thinking about speed inc, as they are kind of close.

Does anyone know whether or not the "new" pacesetters and TSP true duals will bang on the floorboard, cause i wouldnt want that.

Thanks
Louie Panayi
Old 02-08-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

The new pacesetter headers do not bang on the k-member.

On the 01, you are right. There is no EGR, so there would only be AIR. Since you have the race style, you won't have the AIR hooked up, ofcourse. You can get the AIR system disabled with a tune. I had mine tuned out with LS1edit.

I have pacesetter LT's with Lane's TD's and it screams. Do it.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:02 AM
TECH Resident

i had pacesetter and my own special custom true duals on my old car. sounds awesome, go ahead and get the "race" version and delete AIR off your computer. -Jim
Old 02-09-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

thanks a lot for the input guys, looks like this is the route that i am going to take, also if anyone knows if the TSP true duals bang that would be great.

thanks
Louie
Old 02-09-2005, 02:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

My TSP true duals never banged but when I had a ORY it did.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

I just recently put the new pacesetter race coated LT's and a custom x pipe, TD setup on mine and mine still manages to bang the K-member when I get on it off a stop.