Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your help to diagnose my problem please

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your help to diagnose my problem please

Well today is the 1st time my car has ever stalled on me. I went home today during lunch to grab something from my place. When I got back into my car it ran for a few minutes then it would sputter, stumble and then just die. I tried to restart it a few times but everytime it would do the same thing. I am throwing the same codes as I usually been throwing. Codes 152, 154 & 133. I've been throwing these codes from my O2 sensors or extensions whenever it rains and it just finished raining pretty bad a few days ago. When I got home from work today my car fired right up and it drove just fine. I drove it around the block for 10 minutes and nothing.
I don't have the tools or the work area where I live to fix it so I think I'm going to have to take it to the dealer but I want some ideas so I don't get screwed.
Here is what I think it is:
Fuel Pump possibly, this might explain why it would die since my car was hot from driving it from work to my place this afternoon. Car has 110k miles and it's never been changed
O2 sensor finally going out or one of my O2 extensions could be burned or exposed causing voltage to arc
Am I missing anything?
Any feedback would be appreciated
thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 11:16 PM
9 Second Club

Hard to say, have you done any work on it lately? I always suspect a change that I made to be the cause of a prob. Could you have an exhaust piece too close to your fuel line? Does it seem to be related to hot days? I have seen fuel pumps that quit intermittently prior to going out completely. Just trial & error to see if it's fuel, air, or spark.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by code4
Hard to say, have you done any work on it lately? I always suspect a change that I made to be the cause of a prob. Could you have an exhaust piece too close to your fuel line? Does it seem to be related to hot days? I have seen fuel pumps that quit intermittently prior to going out completely. Just trial & error to see if it's fuel, air, or spark.
Thanks for the reply but I haven't done anything to it in months and this is the only time it's ever stalled on me so I'm not sure if it's only going to happen when it's hot. I hope it's not the fuel pump.
Anyone else?
Old 02-16-2005, 09:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by code4
Could you have an exhaust piece too close to your fuel line?
Out of curiosity, what* would this cause, besides an extreme fire/explosion?

-I would check the fuel filter first, since it has been in there for 110k miles. Might have some bad gas or dirt in the gas.
-When was the last time you checked the spark plugs?

Last edited by Keenov; 02-16-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Keenov
Out of curiosity, what* would this cause, besides an extreme fire/explosion?

-I would check the fuel filter first, since it has been in there for 110k miles. Might have some bad gas or dirt in the gas.
-When was the last time you checked the spark plugs?

thanks, I changed my fuel filter about 20k miles ago and my spark plugs about 5k miles ago. I'm **** about that stuff. It might be the fuel filter. That would be awesome if it was. It's at the dealership right now so I'll let you guys know what they say.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Ok, just got word back from the dealership and nothing!!
They said they could not find anything wrong with it and it ran just fine.
I have no clue what to do now.
Anyone have any ideas before I just start throwing new parts at my car????
thanks
Old 02-17-2005, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Anyone?