Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using catch can or converting to LS6 pcv

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using catch can or converting to LS6 pcv

Does anyone use catch cans to keep the oil from going back to the TB? Im getting ready to install a LS6 intake and was either going to install a catch can or convert to the LS6 style pcv set-up. Or both maybe, any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Launching!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/261893-what-s-best-remedy-pcv-oil-sucking-problem.html

I knew one of my replies would come in handy some day. Good Luck
Old 02-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, I have heard that catch cans work well, but has anyone had luck using the LS6 style pcv set-up?
Old 02-19-2005, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Id have to say its really a crap shoot. Many people use just one of the mods or a combination of both or all. It all depends on how your car reacts, youll find all kinds of different answers. But yes the ls6 seems to work for quite a few and also many have that and the catch can. You should also remember that if you want to use the ls6 mod you have to do some cutting and some real work to get it done. The catch can with your stock setup all you gotta do is hook the hoses up and mount the can. Its all up to you though.