Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange occurance

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default strange occurance

so im on the highway with my friend having some fun, everything was all fine and dandy until i hit 4500-5000 rpms, then it started to backfire. my clutch is slipping pretty badly, and what im hoping is that maybe when it started to slip, the car notice the rpms rising, and me not accelerating like i should and dumped too much fuel/air and messed everything up.

but, i need to add its happened before...sorta. after i did the headers and true duals, the car ran good for a few days or so with a small tune. and it started to back fire whenever i would go wot and sometimes at idle. resetting the computer fixed that. but this is different, it doesnt do it all the time at wot or at all at idle...only intermittantly after 4500-5000 rpms..
Old 02-21-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Start with the basics, sparkplugs and wires would be the first place to look. Either could cause those symptoms.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:36 PM
wrencher

Originally Posted by Gold Z
Start with the basics, sparkplugs and wires would be the first place to look. Either could cause those symptoms.
Totally agree, specially since you say it started sort-a after the header install.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:12 AM
TECH Junkie

well, that was the first time it started happening. resetting the comp and doing a tune fixed that. but it just started again intermittantly happening the other night.