Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Qtec electric cut outs

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Qtec electric cut outs

I was just curious how many have had problems with these?
I've had mine on for about 3 months and have torn it apart 3 times.
The 1st time was the little screws holding the motor backed out or something,so i tore it apart and retightened/locktighted them.
The 2nd time one of the set screws backed out of the rod connecting the gear shaft to the cutout plate.After going to hobby shops and Home Depot i finally found a set screw.
The 3rd time which was today the e-motor went out.I tore it apart to see what was going on thinking i didnt have the mesh set right or something and maybe it binded up.Just a note i mess with r/c's alot so i know about mesh.Anyone that messes with nitro motors knows what i mean.Well it wasnt the mesh. The motor spins fine by hand.I took the cover off where the wires go and jumped the +/-,the motor wouldnt turn at all.
Anyway i already ordered another one.I figured i should of sent it back the 1st time,but since i tore it apart already i'll take the hit.If this 1 doesnt work right or i have problems i'll be sure to not go this route again.

Last edited by WhiteRhino; 02-23-2005 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-23-2005, 04:10 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call QTP. They'll probably straighten out the problem for you. Great customer service.
Old 02-23-2005, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

what about DHM cut out?
Old 02-23-2005, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
Call QTP. They'll probably straighten out the problem for you. Great customer service.
Yeh,thought about that.Like i said i got another 1 on the way from Spped Inc.
If i never would of tore it apart i would've called.There's not much to the e-cutout.I probably could've even just got another motor from them.
But,live and learn.I'm diffently not touching the new one if there's problems.
I just like to tinker.Most things can be fixed pretty easy and you dont have to go through the wait of someone to replace/fix something.
I just believe that once you touch something or tear apart something there's always someone to say its your fault.Not always,but its a rare case when it goes your way.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are pretty cool on the warranty part. Give us a call anyway and we could work something out with you to fix the old motor for back up or something.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quick Time
We are pretty cool on the warranty part. Give us a call anyway and we could work something out with you to fix the old motor for back up or something.
I'll give a call tomorrow.Thanks for the help.