Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys with LTs and ORY and hooker cat back, come in!

Old 03-05-2005, 05:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys with LTs and ORY and hooker cat back, come in!

Im doing my exhaust, and ive decided on going to TTP, for some kooks 1 3/4 LT with the ORY and hooker catback, I was on ls1sounds.com and that sounds just awesome and so clean, i was shocked how clean and nice it sounded, no rasp at all, seems like the only catback that sounds good with an ORY, almost like a nascar when you rev it up, but tame at idle. Right now i just have a cutout. Anyone the combo im getting specifically and any problems?

Mike
Old 03-05-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Im sure there are member with that setup...It just takes time..heh

What problems do your foresee(sp?) with it?
Old 03-05-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm getting Pacesetter LT's with an ORY most likely...

The thing is, I have visual inspection here, and I need a 3" system w/o cats. The pipe is like 125 from Texas Speed. What will I need to disable the SES code? Can't I just resend my PCM in for free and get it tuned to disable the codes? I just don't want to fail visual inspection, as I am pretty sure I don't need a sniffer test.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

usually if your going somewhere like a sponsor, they do a header/intake tune, they delete all the codes that are involved, rear o2s, egr and air codes and whatnot, usually like 75 bucks.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't foresee any problems unless your y bangs under the driver's seat. I have this setup except Magnaflow instead of Hooker and it sounds pretty mean.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

I have that exact combo. I have pacesetter LTs, TSP ORY, and a hooker catback. It is quiet at idle, but sounds great at WOT. I also got a cutout put on the I pipe and now its loud as hell all the time. To answer your question I have never had any problems with this setup. Sounds and runs awesome. You will love it!

Search this Thread