Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AC Delete

OK, did the AC delete mod today and have a few comments and a few questions for you guys who have done it already:

First, I wish I would have done this 2 years ago instead of waiting. Pretty much all the mods I've done have been geared toward freeing up more space in the engine bay and showing more of the engine: FIPK, Coil Pack relocation, !wire mod, etc. This however, freed up the most space and really allows the headers to be seen and more of the block. Now I just need to pull the motor and paint the block

Now for the questions:

1) Did you guys use anything to cap off the 2 lines going into the "black box" in the firewall? If so what?

2) I wrapped the 2 wire harnessess that are not used now in electrical tape to keep out water. Is this sufficient or should something else be done with them? Is is OK to leave them hang unconnected or does something else need to be done with them?

3) I had to cut off the AC belt since it was behind the main serpentine belt, since I didn't feel like pulling the other belt first. Now, is it OK to not have any belt at all on the rear of the crank pulley?

4) My condensor was not held in by ANY bolts, just the lines and the front radiator shield(large plastic piece). Is that normal?

5) Haven't seen any codes, but only had car idleing for now. Should I expect any?

6) Anything else I need to know or other comments?

Thanks
Bryan
parbreak
Old 03-05-2005, 11:13 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

1. I want to know as well, but Iam pretty sure it doesnt matter.
2. Totally fine.
3. Yeah its will be ok.
4. Yes
5. No, it wont throw ny codes.
6. None that I know of, I have not had any problems since I took mine out a month ago.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks man, appreciate the answers. I think I am going to still try to find some rubber caps to go over the lines in the black box.

Bryan
Old 03-06-2005, 11:34 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Hey, if you do let me know. I was looking for some but couldnt find any.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

I sure will. I found some nice rubber caps to put on my throttlebody when I did the TB Bypass but can't remember where I got them. By the way, just drove about 10 miles and everything seems good, no codes yet. I have heard some people throw codes and some dont', so we will see.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 03-06-2005, 06:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by parbreak
OK, did the AC delete mod today and have a few comments and a few questions for you guys who have done it already:

First, I wish I would have done this 2 years ago instead of waiting. Pretty much all the mods I've done have been geared toward freeing up more space in the engine bay and showing more of the engine: FIPK, Coil Pack relocation, !wire mod, etc. This however, freed up the most space and really allows the headers to be seen and more of the block. Now I just need to pull the motor and paint the block

Now for the questions:

1) Did you guys use anything to cap off the 2 lines going into the "black box" in the firewall? If so what?

2) I wrapped the 2 wire harnessess that are not used now in electrical tape to keep out water. Is this sufficient or should something else be done with them? Is is OK to leave them hang unconnected or does something else need to be done with them?

3) I had to cut off the AC belt since it was behind the main serpentine belt, since I didn't feel like pulling the other belt first. Now, is it OK to not have any belt at all on the rear of the crank pulley?

4) My condensor was not held in by ANY bolts, just the lines and the front radiator shield(large plastic piece). Is that normal?

5) Haven't seen any codes, but only had car idleing for now. Should I expect any?

6) Anything else I need to know or other comments?

Thanks
Bryan
parbreak
1) I didn't plug them, I guess if you plan on reinstalling the ac you might want to keep dirt out of there.

2) I just wire tied mine out of the way then removed the fuse for the AC

3) Not a prob

4) Mine was the same

5) I don't believe there should be any codes, but I have many mods that throw codes & I don't have a real tune, I just put black tape over the lights

6) No probs/regrets on mine