Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lane's duals

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lane's duals

This is probably a stupid question, but i am tired, and I dont have time to page through a search. Do Lane's true duals (Ill have to order them since I live kansas) come already welded? I am guessing that they dont, but I am just checking. I ask this since I was planning on getting TSP true duals, but I know I would have to weld those. Also, since I will be installing this myself, Is either setup drastically easier to install, and which one tucks up better? (I want good gound clearance, but I would also like the least possible visibility of my duals to avoid the most trouble with the law.)

thanks in advance!
Old 03-10-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by natronathon
This is probably a stupid question, but i am tired, and I dont have time to page through a search. Do Lane's true duals (Ill have to order them since I live kansas) come already welded? I am guessing that they dont, but I am just checking. I ask this since I was planning on getting TSP true duals, but I know I would have to weld those. Also, since I will be installing this myself, Is either setup drastically easier to install, and which one tucks up better? (I want good gound clearance, but I would also like the least possible visibility of my duals to avoid the most trouble with the law.)

thanks in advance!

I ordered Lane's duals to match up to my new QTP headers, and I'll be installing the headers and duals in May. The duals come fully welded and are a piece of cake to install according to those that have them. They supposedly tuck up really well too. I ordered mine because I live in SW Missouri and don't want to drive. If you haven't ordered by the time I get mine installed, I'll let you know what I think. I got ProFlo Twister mufflers by the way.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

does his setup not come with mufflers? I appreciate the info, and I am now seriously considering that setup. That was going to be the hardest part of the entire install to weld and fit the tsp true duals, but it these come welded than count me in! Now i just need to save up the money. If you dont mind my asking, how much did lane charge after shipping? and how much were you mufflers? I gotta budget this whole thing pretty tightly!

thanks, and definetly let me know what it sounds like!
Old 03-10-2005, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The TSP true duals dont have to be welded up, they come with band clips or the exhaust clips. I went ahead and welded mine, but the band clips should work just fine. The exhaust clips are bad, get the band clips, they give you more clearance.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by natronathon
does his setup not come with mufflers? I appreciate the info, and I am now seriously considering that setup. That was going to be the hardest part of the entire install to weld and fit the tsp true duals, but it these come welded than count me in! Now i just need to save up the money. If you dont mind my asking, how much did lane charge after shipping? and how much were you mufflers? I gotta budget this whole thing pretty tightly!

thanks, and definetly let me know what it sounds like!
They come with mufflers included in the price. As far as shipping, I ended up doing COD, but he said it could be as much as $75. I'll let you know next week how much after I get them. It's going to be expensive though, because he ships the whole system ready to bolt on, so it's a BIG box. The cost before shipping for the duals was $495 if I remember correctly. Check for sure with him. I've haven't heard of anyone not liking his duals...that's a big reason I went with them.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:47 PM
12 Second Club

Yes the Lanes Duals come welded ready to install, I have had my setup from lane for about a year and am very happy with the setup. It comes with hangers and band clamps also. I got mine installed in about an hour. As for shipping mine was $75.00 But I am all the way up in Minnesota. You will be really happy with the duals from Lane the sound is sooo deep, and the ground clearance is awsome lots of room to lower the car, and thats with the 3" duals.

Dan
Old 03-10-2005, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

lanes come with everything, the nice thing about his is you can tell him exactly what you want. Such as a choice from mufflers, size, etc.. All you have to do is install them.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

as everyone has stated you will be happy with Lane's duals and they will tuck alot better than the TSP duals without you having to do all the fitting and bending to tuck them up. I have his 3in duals and am lowered quite abit and have good clearance with them.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Stop it! I have to wait until May to install mine and you guys are getting me too excited!
Old 03-10-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks guys
Old 03-10-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

what muffler do those of you who have lane's or true duals reccomend for the setup? I hear good things about, spintek and pro-flow twisters