Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a hooker aerochamber direct fit in a Flowmaster catback

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will a hooker aerochamber direct fit in a Flowmaster catback

I have my old Flowmaster catback still and am thinking, if a hooker will fit, of getting the Flowmaster muffler out and putting a Aerochamber in its spot. Right now I have true duals but am getting tired of the loudness and drone. If they are a direct swap I may get numbers with the duals then the Flowmaster then the Hooker. Might be an interesting thing to see.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are the manufacture specs side by side. I know the flowmaster pipe comes over the axle and goes horizontal unlike the stock pipes curve. It would really be close. You would really need someone that has tried the swap. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

Edit: Here is a custom hooker muffler install. It looks identical to the flowmaster install (the pipe is custom, but the flowmaster should go straight in, but thats just going by looks). Just some more info for you.
Attached Thumbnails Will a hooker aerochamber direct fit in a Flowmaster catback-flowmaster.jpg