Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Install Tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Install Tips

i Know this topic has been beating to death ,and i did a search, but i didn't want to go through a million posts..

I will be installing my exhaust in a couple days (SLP loudmouth), is there any tips that guys would have to offer me.

PS i do have auto motive knowledge...

THANKS!
Old 03-12-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm not sure what ur looking for, its a pretty straight foward job. Unless ur doing headers and a y-pipe then it depends on what kind you got...otherwise just the catback...hardest part is getting the old exhaust off, i ended up having to use a sawz-all on the part that bends over the axle b/c i couldtn figure out how to get the angle and i figured what do i need to save it for anyways. After that the install was cake. took about an hour total. Good luck
Old 03-12-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm.....get the car high, easier to work. Drink beer during install, that way the cuts and smashed hands wont hurt as bad
Old 03-12-2005, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

haha, thanks guys, i guess the part that i really want to know is, does the intermidiate pipe easily seperate from the Y-pipe. or what did you guys do to that part..
Old 03-13-2005, 02:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ferariguy3
haha, thanks guys, i guess the part that i really want to know is, does the intermidiate pipe easily seperate from the Y-pipe. or what did you guys do to that part..
If worse comes to worst, cut the F-er off!