Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust Tips

Ok, so I've been looking for exhaust tips for awhile now. I have seen all the threads on every ls1 site I know of. I need exhaust tips to attach to my true dual setup that I will install in May (Lane's duals on the way, which I will take under the axle and out the back).

Since I have a WS6, I definitely want tips that will fill in the back bumper spaces.

I really like Corsa Premiums and B&B (they're ok), but you can only get these used. I know Corsa Pro Series are available for like $300 at afterthoughtsauto. But there's no way I can afford those unless I luck into finding them used.

I can't really decide whether I like the Mecham tips. Megs are ok. And the fast toys tips that some of you have just aren't for me. I don't really like Borla either.

So I went searching, and found a few options.

Magnaflow makes some really nice double wall tips (like Corsa), but they are 2.25" inlet (which I would have to reduce from 2.5" or maybe even 3" exhaust) and they also have writing on the top of the tips, which I find kind of tacky.

I found some tips at Summit that might be perfect for me, but it is really hard to tell from the picture. They look like they might be very similar to Corsa (if you can't tell, I REALLY like Corsa tips). I can't post a direct link, because Summit's website is weird, but follow the link below and enter the part number: HOK-22303HKR

Link: http://store.summitracing.com/

Does anyone have these tips? Do you think they are double wall like Corsa? It's really hard to tell, but the chrome on the inside of the tip makes it look like they might be.

Can anyone recommend me any other tips that I haven't mentioned? I have looked at some by Ractive, and some others, but I can't find many that would fill the rear bumper on a Trans Am.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but if you guys could help me out at all, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those are Hooker tips. they are not doublewall. I just sold some a little while back. I didnt think they would look good IMO. Also have a WS6. The only tips I have found that look good are these http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...9&BIG=M31039-1
However, I have yet to see them on a TA.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i noticed you saw the latest set for sale in the FS section, but its corsa pro series or bust in my opinion if you're going w/dual dual tips in my opinion. i like the gmmg oval tips....i just wish they were dual walled too.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
well i noticed you saw the latest set for sale in the FS section, but its corsa pro series or bust in my opinion if you're going w/dual dual tips in my opinion. i like the gmmg oval tips....i just wish they were dual walled too.
I agree, if its dual/dual, then the corsa are the way to go. The oval tips IMO, looks ricey. They are huge, then you can see in the center the real pipe size. It looks like a squashed coffe can
Old 03-12-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, anyone else?

psykoTA: do you have any pictures of those Hooker tips? Can you confirm the part number? Because those are the only ones I have seen that resemble a double wall. If you can't confirm they were the same part number, I might order them, and if they are not what I want, I could return them.

Keep the suggestions coming guys!
Old 03-13-2005, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A buddy has those hooker slashed tips on his TA. They look great for the price. If you want real style then Corsa is the way to go, but the price sucks... Mecham is pretty cool on a TA too. TA's definitely need a dual dual or a wide oval tip. The single tip like the mustang one suggested above is alright for a Camaro but not a TA, just my 2 pennies worth.

I have a set of Hooker NON SLASHED polished tips, 2.5" in 3" out, that you are welcome to. PM me and you can have them if you provide the shipping. They are used and will need some of the old pipe cut off as they were welded on and need to be cleaned up a bit but if you want them LMK.

Last edited by TNorman; 03-13-2005 at 02:39 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are the tips on your friend's car double walled? Or are they just simple single wall tips?

I agree, Trans Ams need to fill the bumper...that's what makes finding tips so difficult.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:25 AM
12 Second Club

I say Corsa Pro Series, Hooker, or GMMG!
Old 03-13-2005, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
I say Corsa Pro Series, Hooker, or GMMG!
Personally, I don't like the GMMG tips at all. I don't know why, it seems like I'm the only one who doesn't like them. And I don't like regular hooker tips either. I just thought these might be different (they are completely chrome, and the picture on Summit's website makes them look like they are double walled like Corsa and certain Magnaflow tips). As far as Corsa Pro, I do like them. But not for $300. Maybe if I could find them or the Premiums used, but not new.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matts22
Personally, I don't like the GMMG tips at all. I don't know why, it seems like I'm the only one who doesn't like them. And I don't like regular hooker tips either. I just thought these might be different (they are completely chrome, and the picture on Summit's website makes them look like they are double walled like Corsa and certain Magnaflow tips). As far as Corsa Pro, I do like them. But not for $300. Maybe if I could find them or the Premiums used, but not new.
Na, I don't like the GMMG's either.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.ls1sounds.com/pics_tips.htm
Old 03-13-2005, 12:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have flowmaster single slashed tips that go from 3 in to 3.5 in and are 13 in long in stainless....they have Flowmaster embossed on the top and look great. I got them from summit. These are on a 01 WS6.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

I like Borla tips on a TA. Had those on mine and I thought it looked great. JMHO
Old 03-14-2005, 02:46 PM
FormerVendor

Take a look at the twin rolled polished stainless tips we offer (part # STRA25). They look great and are very reasonably priced.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
Take a look at the twin rolled polished stainless tips we offer (part # STRA25). They look great and are very reasonably priced.
Those dont look too bad. Do you have any pics of them installed on a TA?
Old 03-14-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by matts22
Thanks guys, anyone else?

psykoTA: do you have any pictures of those Hooker tips? Can you confirm the part number? Because those are the only ones I have seen that resemble a double wall. If you can't confirm they were the same part number, I might order them, and if they are not what I want, I could return them.

Keep the suggestions coming guys!
Sorry, I missed the part about them being slashed. Mine were not slach cut.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Default Pictures...

Originally Posted by psykoTA
Those dont look too bad. Do you have any pics of them installed on a TA?
I don't have any pics installed on the TA but they would look very similiar to the Grand Prix's since they also have the cutouts in the rear.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like I said in my original post...I seem to be the only one that doesn't care for those tips. But most people love them.

I'm still looking for more options.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the Ractive T820. This is what I just finished installing on my true duals, and they look good, even better from an angle. I had a lot of similar requirements as you, and this is what I ended up with. They are about a 3 x 4.75 with a rolled slash cut tip and slip over a 2.5" pipe (despite what most websites list them as). They fill the bumper cutouts very well, not too big like the T819's used on TSP's rumbler, but still bigger than a circular tip. They are reasonbly priced, too. I paid $85 shipped for the pair from autobarn.com (steer away from bigexhaust.com even though they have a better price). If you want, I can send you some pics next week when I get back in town, just PM me your email address.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cm02WS6
Check out the Ractive T820. This is what I just finished installing on my true duals, and they look good, even better from an angle. I had a lot of similar requirements as you, and this is what I ended up with. They are about a 3 x 4.75 with a rolled slash cut tip and slip over a 2.5" pipe (despite what most websites list them as). They fill the bumper cutouts very well, not too big like the T819's used on TSP's rumbler, but still bigger than a circular tip. They are reasonbly priced, too. I paid $85 shipped for the pair from autobarn.com (steer away from bigexhaust.com even though they have a better price). If you want, I can send you some pics next week when I get back in town, just PM me your email address.

I can't tell if I like those or not. Please send pictures to: matts22@hotmail.com

Thanks!