Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle body sticking closed

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle body sticking closed

I put this TB on a few months ago and it would stick shut after decellerating. I took it off & used light sand paper on the edge of the blade and inside the TB. It was OK after that. I had the TB off last night to install my TNT kit, now the TB blade is sticking closed again. Any ideas of what is going on and how to fix it?
Old 03-29-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Unstang
I put this TB on a few months ago and it would stick shut after decellerating. I took it off & used light sand paper on the edge of the blade and inside the TB. It was OK after that. I had the TB off last night to install my TNT kit, now the TB blade is sticking closed again. Any ideas of what is going on and how to fix it?
Is it a ported TB? If so the lock ring that holds the throttle shaft in is no longer there and the shaft is moving around and the blade is gettin wedged. Take the TB off and loosen the screws on the blade about a half a turn and push in on the shaft while lightly opening and shuting the throttle blade and this will center it up and then tighten the screws. If that doesnt help just open the blade a little by turnin the idle screw about a 1/4 of a turn. Hope this does it for ya
Old 03-29-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bo White
Is it a ported TB? If so the lock ring that holds the throttle shaft in is no longer there and the shaft is moving around and the blade is gettin wedged. Take the TB off and loosen the screws on the blade about a half a turn and push in on the shaft while lightly opening and shuting the throttle blade and this will center it up and then tighten the screws. If that doesnt help just open the blade a little by turnin the idle screw about a 1/4 of a turn. Hope this does it for ya
Thanks Bo! It is a stock TB that I got as a core when I sold my ported TB. I am in the market for a new ported TB and have been reading about yours, it sounds like you can help me out.