Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Pump Watchdog

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Water Pump Watchdog

Well i got asked by Jason at F-body central to try this new part out. so I was like ok. ill give it a try.

so i get the part and im like ok this is pretty cool. the part is made by Automotive Control Solutions. and let me tell you it is top notch. i recommend them 100%. i mean everything is professionally made and put together. not cheap like some things you get. it is a real well made part.

Well lets get to the part. it basically watches over your electric waterpump. we all know to well that when an electric water pump fails its usually unnoticed until your car is overheating and its too late. and we all know that heat will kill an engine. so we dont want to overheat our motors, or blow head gaskets or warp a head. so this little nifty product hooks up inline of your water pump and is real easy to install. and this is coming from a guy who hates to wire stuff up. my car trailer still doesnt work right all the time. lol it has a little led light and a buzzer. when you turn the car on the little light and buzzer comes on for a couple of seconds. and lets you know everything is working a ok.
now if you lose power to the water pump(like a blown fuse) the led turns red, if the motor fails the lgiht will turn yellow. and if it turns green you need to check your ground. it was a real simple install and came with everything you need to hook it up. even heat shrink. it doesnt weigh anything at all. about the weight of a full can of your favorite 12 oz beverage. so all you weight freaks like me, you wont be adding alot of weight.
well we all know that my car doesnt see alot of street time. so i said well this isnt a fair enough test for this great product. so i call up my buddy adam and asked him if i could put it on his car. he said sure. he came over and we had it on in no time at all.
he has also fell in love with it. he drives his car 45 minutes to and from work every day and he has allready had one electric water pump fail on him(i wont say the name to protect the company) they sent him a new one and it was all good. but he had to pay a tow bill of 80 bucks and was stuck on I-95 for an hour. his car didnt overheat when the water pump failed but its because he constanly watchs his gauges. if he wouldnt have being paying such close attention to his gauges he could have had a major repair bill.
all in all i highly recommend this product. the water pump watch dog is a great piece of work. it works well and does a great job at it too.
www.autocontrolinc.com to take a look at this product. thanks. larry