Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbonator

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonator

I was just looking at some articles on hi performance and there was an article about a little turbo you stick in between you air filter and your tb that produces a swirling fast burn effect in the combustion chamber. Has anyone ever heard of this before, and if so does it work. They said it could produce up to 31HP. Is that true.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one and it was...let's just say, . I bought one for $70 or so directly from them because they had a money back guarantee and I thought I would give it a try. Supposedly, one size fits all, I received one, and it wouldn't even fit in my intake. Seriously, if you had a piece of tin and a cutting tool along with needle nose pilers plus an hour or two, you could make one yourself. I'm thinking they work better on maybe trucks or SUV's because in my experience, that's what you see them advertising the product on. At the time however, my car was a 3000GT. My LS1 intake now is slightly bigger, so maybe it would fit better. I think it's a good concept as far as physics goes, but application of the concept in this scenario with a car is again... . Save your money, buy an SLP lid, K&N filter, and port you MAF (free mod). That will give you all the free air-flow you need.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

So.. Are you saying it is a POS
Old 04-03-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

dude, it doesnt work. Its a marketing gimick like the tb VR stack thingy. In theory, they sound solid but it doesnt actually produce any power.

In sprts compact car mag, i know its a import mag but...., andyways, they did a back to back install and it was more of a restriction than it actually producing power.

If you want a swirl effect for a tb, try some of teh tb designed like that. FOr example, the NX 85mm has a swirl pattern.

but, i wouldnt worry about that. Drop a little cash on a port tb, bob white, and it will be worth the effort. Or do it yourself...

good luck!!

and yes, I'M saying its a POS!!!! hahahaha
Old 04-03-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

hahaha, bob white. its bo white, and he does great work. forget the velocity stack, and all those POS's. get your tb ported and call it a day. to actually get a gain from spinning air it has to spin a hell of a lot faster than that crap is going to achieve....oddly enough thats why FI works so well lol. spinning air is like trying to bump the velocity and attain a slight FI affect. if you want FI, buy a procharger.