Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Air / Ram Air

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cold Air / Ram Air

I wanted to post some feed back for the SLP cold air intake (CAI), Whisper Ram Air and FTRA type air inductions.

I have the Whisper Ram Air on my car. Last night on the way home I did not have the lower section of the ram air installed so I was just using the unit as a cold air intake.

It works!

How do I know? Well my Z28 is not a daily driver anymore. When I pull it into the garage I hook the car up to a battery tender to keep the battery charged (great device by the way). Last night I got home after a 125 mile trip and immediately popped the hood to install the battery tender. I touched the MAF and it was cold to the touch(ambient temp was 62 deg F) ..as cold as the exterior of the hood. I then touched the TB, while the TB was not cold it was relatively cool as compared to the plastic intake or valve cover. I was impressed to say the least of the effectiveness of the Whisper Ram Air kit.

If you are wondering about these types of inductions...wonder no more...they work well.