Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

relocate engine fuel lines

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default relocate engine fuel lines

I was going to move the coil packs off the valve covers to clear up some space, but the ugly fuel lines still are still there.
I have a 99 Z28, with the two lines wraped in heat tape... anyway to relocate these somehow to make it look a lot nicer?

PS, can someone explain briefly how the system works, like what does the line running from the intake do?
Old 04-05-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Addict

The line running from the intake goes to the evaporative emmisions canister. Vapors from the gas tank are stored in the can while the car is parked. The solenoid by the intake opens during cruise conditions to purge the canister and recycle the stored hydrocarbons into the engine to be burnt.

How about getting some fuel rail covers for your engine? They dress up the bay nicely.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:52 PM
12 Second Club

I never really liked them on F-bodies, but maybe...
Old 04-06-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One option would be to relocate your EVAP solenoid away from the intake, say, under the fuse boxes on the driver's side...check this out:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....73&postcount=1

Here's the whole thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...relocated+evap

You could also pick up a set of billet fuel rails with a braided stainless supply line, as pictured in the thread above...this would really clean up that ugly, heat-taped fuel line nightmare! I can't wait to get rid of mine...