Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever tried this exhaust setup?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Anyone ever tried this exhaust setup?

I would really like to be able to run a side exit setup with good ground clearance and cats for street legal use. Anyone ever tried to make that happen with this setup?

http://www.drgas.com/Item.asp?ID=117

How is the performance vs. a 3" round true dual with X-pipe?
Are the spintech's so loud the cops would nail you?
Is there any heat problem's under the car or near the fuel lines?
Do the mufflers stick out from the side of the car in other words is this too wide for an f-body?

Even if you don't have this setup, any opinions would be great.

If this wouldn't work, does anyone know of a side exit system out there for fbodys that maintains descent gound clearance. I've seen a lot of custom builds, but I'm looking for something I can do myself because I'm stationed overseas?
Old 04-09-2005, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The oval TD's flow the same as round TD's because the wide oval if the pipe makes up for not being completely round. I was thinking of running that setup, thought it would look bad *** with side exits, but ended up going with something else. I would go for it, and if you don't like it, someone out there will take it off your hands for a price. All the side exhaust I've seen on F-Bodies, people say they have bad ground clearance, but with the oval pipes, it may be better, give it a try, let us know how it goes.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Oval X pipe.

Similar but different and I did use oval and for the x pipe for clearance reasons. Take a look at the details and installed pics at this link.

LINK TO - WS6 True Duals (Pics), Ceramic, XPipe, Oval-Round

Old 04-09-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've never tried it, but it does sound promising. I bet it would look real sweet on a Camaro id it exited right in front of the rear wheels. You may want to see if you can get dimensions on those mufflers and try to get an idea of the setup's ground clearance. And if this setup is to wide, it looks like it could be modified with ease.