Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone's and Everyone's opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 09:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone's and Everyone's opinion

I got my borla exhaust(and a bunch of other goodies) Now its time for headers....Im going to go with the QTP's, but now that they are changing the emission laws here in NY, i gotta go with a catted Y . Ive been on LS1sounds.com, and cant find the clip i want(but things similar)...I was wondering if anyone has heard QTP LT's with the QTP Y and borla exhaust......Is there a better sounding y that will fit the QTP LT's......Thanks
Old 04-09-2005, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

any Y pipe will sound the same, the QTP catted Y is a well made Y pipe. I've heard clips of borla with LT's, catted Y, sounded pretty good also. Also from what I've heard, the flowmaster merge collector on the QTP Y will kill some of the rasp.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:22 AM
12 Second Club

Y-pipe won't change the sound. The QTP Y-pipe is one of the best if not THE best on the aftermarket, it has a Flowmaster true Merge collector. Only downsides are Price and in some cases fitment/clearance, but most if not all are satisfied. From what I've heard Borla w/ LT's gets raspy as hell so I would recommend Cats to begin with. They really do not make that much of a difference, other then in sound, there is little to almost no restriction to begin with.

What type of emissions are being used in NY now? If it is the Sniffer or visual test, then chances are you NEED Cats and you May not pass to begin with w/ LT's. Now if you have the OBDII (On-Board Diagnostic Scan For Codes) you just need to delete the rear O2 sensors from the computer or get O2 simulators to trick the computer into thinking that the cats are still there. No needs to worry in that case.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kens98TransAm
I got my borla exhaust(and a bunch of other goodies) Now its time for headers....Im going to go with the QTP's, but now that they are changing the emission laws here in NY, i gotta go with a catted Y . Ive been on LS1sounds.com, and cant find the clip i want(but things similar)...I was wondering if anyone has heard QTP LT's with the QTP Y and borla exhaust......Is there a better sounding y that will fit the QTP LT's......Thanks
you can always change out the ORY for the catted Y later for smog purposes.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmaknSS
you can always change out the ORY for the catted Y later for smog purposes.