Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple questions.....

Alright, FINALLY getting a chance to put in my Pacesetter LT's and TSP ORY on my 01 SS. Was looking on the sticky about the exhaust setups/installations by JRP and found it extremely useful, thanks by the way. Anyways, one thing I'm not clear on. The LT"s don't have AIR bungs, so can I just rip out the entire system and not worry about it? I read on how to take it out, but only gave the example of how to do it with headers/exhaust manifolds that have the AIR provision. I'm sure that's the case, just wanted to make sure from one of you guys. Also, on the TSP ORY, would it be a better idea to fit it to my headers/exhaust and then have it welded, or should I just use the clamps provided. Keep in mind that I'm going to install with the STOCK cat back for the time being, until I can afford a GMMG. Also, am I going to have a problem running this set up with the stock catback for a little while? Thanks for the input in advance. Chris
Old 04-11-2005, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uh, ttt
Old 04-11-2005, 10:43 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well since you have the race headers you have no other option other then removing the air system. you can just remove the air tubes and leave the pump, or better yet remove the whole entire system.

as far as connecting, i'd run some stainless steel band clamps or have some 3" 3 bolt collector flanges welded on. dont weld.