Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls6 vs fast

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls6 vs fast

im sure this question has been asked numerous times but i just wanted to know for my self. in every ones own opinon what do they prefer ls6 or fast. just looking around for a good intake and not sure what to go with. so any advice or comments whould be greatley appreciated

thanks
nick
Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the ls6 is alot cheaper given that a tb has to be bought for the FAST, also thier is not a whole lot of difference on stock or lightly modded cars. unless you have a wicked cam and good heads i would save my money or put it else where.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:44 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

actually I have seen regular bolt on cars...with any cam other than stock...gain anywhere from 10 - 25 hp over the sa6 with lsx and TB to go with it( of course you have to adjust air/fuel a little too along with all th enew air coming in)

is it worth the $$$... well...beauty is in the eye of the beholder..... you have to decide for yourself if you want to spend that $$$ on that or something else
Old 04-11-2005, 11:47 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
actually I have seen regular bolt on cars...with any cam other than stock...gain anywhere from 10 - 25 hp over the sa6 with lsx and TB to go with it( of course you have to adjust air/fuel a little too along with all th enew air coming in)

is it worth the $$$... well...beauty is in the eye of the beholder..... you have to decide for yourself if you want to spend that $$$ on that or something else
bingo

and you can search for my intake flow test, the fast 90 out flows the ls6 by a nice bit.