Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crank Pulley Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Crank Pulley Questions

My best friend owns a '01 TA M6. He doesn't have access to a computer at home so he's asked me to be his ambassador of information. Lately he's been questioning whether or not to get a pulley since one of his LS1 owning friends told him it was NOT worth it. Said friend told him that he would have surging problems (I don't know much more than this but it was enough to spark some interest on my part as well).

My/his questions are as follows:

1.) Should the pulley be the same size?

2.) What are the negative effects of putting on a lighter/different size pulley?

3.) What are some popular brands?

4.) What size belt will be needed as well?

5.) Does anything else have to be changed out?

6.) With some imports (what i'm familiar with since I own one - 1G Eclipse) its common to get an aftermarket fuel management system when performing a mod such as bigger injectors. I know its not the same subject but I think you get my point. Will he have to do something like this?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:05 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

The negative effects are possible charging problems (automatic). The most popular one is ASP. You can also get the underdrive pulley as well. Also the overdrive pulley is mostly for automatics that have the charging problem. I have the crank and underdrive, no problems at all with them and worth the money. The belts number are:
378K4 Belt for AC Pulley
760K6 Accessory Belt for ASP Crank Pulley Only
770K6 Accessory Belt for ASP Crank & ASP Underdrive Alternator Pulleys
755K6 Accessory Belt for ASP Crank & ASP Overdrive Alternator Pulleys
Old 04-13-2005, 01:15 AM
10 Second Club

I have a SLP ,10% under drive. Did'nt come with belts,but gave belt #'s & got them at the parts store. No charging problems here.