Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put cats back on and it seems much raspier

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Put cats back on and it seems much raspier

I think I'm gonna have to ditch them. Has anyone else noticed more rasp with cats? I put them on so it wouldn't be too loud when I go to work at 6:30 in the morning but now it sounds like ***. The actual exaust note sounds good and its not as loud but from the side of the car and while driving all I hear is rasp. I thought people put cats on to get rid of rasp? I'm not sure what to do, the neighbors might just have to suffer. Anyone run into this problem and if so how did you fix it?
Old 04-27-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rufretic
I think I'm gonna have to ditch them. Has anyone else noticed more rasp with cats? I put them on so it wouldn't be too loud when I go to work at 6:30 in the morning but now it sounds like ***. The actual exaust note sounds good and its not as loud but from the side of the car and while driving all I hear is rasp. I thought people put cats on to get rid of rasp? I'm not sure what to do, the neighbors might just have to suffer. Anyone run into this problem and if so how did you fix it?
Cats should quiet the car down. In any case, many people use bullets to quiet rasp instead of cats.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sounds like exhaust leak if you hear it next to the car.

I HOPE my car does not get raspier with cats I bought them for the same reason (well, that and the smell)

Ryan
Old 04-27-2005, 06:50 PM
dug
Banned

Maybe youre losing the tuned sound of the headers. I dunno.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Mine sounds fine, even through open cutout. Im ditching the catted y for a ory and letting it flow through my Magnaflow. Im keeping the cutout, but leaving it capped more often. Im hoping the Magnflow will works its magic. We'll see.