Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can this fit?

Old 05-02-2005, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can this fit?

ok, so i buy a flowmaster 80 series muffler, just the muffle and go to put it in. when i bought the car the dealer told me it was a stock muffler but with aftermarket tips. but when i take it out i see that the need one won't connect because the old muffler was connected with a flnag thing, not a u bolt like i was expecting. so i brought it down to a local shop and they said they can't hook it up and i already had an aftermarket catback set up. now i looked on the muffler but couldn't find a name on it, it was rusted to shitttt. soo, hes a couple pics of the old and new mufflers. any advice would be greatly apreciated. thanks.
Attached Thumbnails can this fit?-muffler-pic.jpg   can this fit?-muffler-pic-2.jpg  

Last edited by dudemandanman; 05-02-2005 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't have the experience or tools/welder to do it yourself, I'd try to find a better muffler shop.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just found out that the old setup was just a real old flowmaster. i guess they changed there set up a bit
Old 05-03-2005, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had to weld mine together several times now while I'm awaiting my new cat-back system. It sucks. Sounds good, though...

You might be able to saws-all off the car-side flange, then piece together some short pieces of tubing until everything works. There may be a forest of clamps if you don't find a shop to weld it, but it will function until your pile of $$$ gets big enough for a whole system.

Search this Thread