Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Like Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally Like Magnaflow

If anyone is wondering if there is a difference between the magnaflow catback and just the muffler....yes. I never liked the muffler by itself. Even after breaking it in after several thousand miles, it was still quiet, mellow and boring. Everyone said that the catback would not sound any different. After adding a 3" I-pipe and a little bigger tips, the difference is not just noticeable....it is night and day. Now my magnaflow sounds as it should and I like it. I had always heard others say that it screams at wot, but mine never did. Now it sounds great and screams at wot! After starting it up, everyone smiled because it was such a big difference. IMHO I think the catback is great, but I wouldn't add just a muffler without having heads, cam and longtubes.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:42 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I echo your sentiments to the T my friend. glad you made the switch. The catback seems to get louder and deeper with age also. but maybe I am crazy.

Brad