Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running Mac's with cats through lm?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running Mac's with cats through lm?

Just wondering what it sounds like. Most people agree LT's and ORY through LM makes it to loud I was just wondering if anyone here has the mac's with cats running through a LM and how it sounds. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:44 PM
TECH Junkie

it's loud, but with the cats the rasp is hardly noticable. I had that as my original set up.

Now i have the Jet hot LT's ORY and borla mouth. before I put the borla on, i sounded like an insane redneck hauling ***
Old 05-10-2005, 12:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy has that on his '99 Z28. Mac mids, catted Y, and LM. I think it sounds badass. He says it is very loud, but from behind the car it just sounds MEAN!!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

That is the exact setup i am running, Mac mids through cats and loudmouth. When you get on it it screams, but when you are just cruising around it is still fairly docile. the only complaint i have is the droning that i get at about 2k rpm on the highway in 6th, driving 4 hours to school and home gets old, but I don't really care that much, it is worth it.

As far as gains, i went from 300 hp with the loudmouth alone, to 325 after the header install, I would say those are bad *** gains for midlength headers.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the replys. I am also installing a hotcam at the same time, will I be able to hear the lope or will the cats keep it too quiet?

Thanks again.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Launching!

I was running mac mid, with mac ory, through lm and it wasn't that bad. It was pretty raspy at times, but it was bearable. But when I got the cam in, it was too loud! The drone was too much for me, so I changed to the lm II. I like it alot better now! With the cats it will sound pretty mean and you should still be able to hear the lope!