Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else ever have a problem with O2 extensions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else ever have a problem with O2 extensions?

I just thought I'd post up in here in case someone else runs into the same problem. I was trouble shooting someones car, he was having a lot of codes thrown after a friend installed his long tube headers. I deleted the EGR, rear O2s, etc, but I wasn't seeing any oscillation out of one of the O2 sensors. At first I assumed he had dirty or damaged O2s, but switching the O2s out didn't switch the problem. I checked a few other things and then pulled the O2 extensions. Sure enough, one of them was bad. After closely comparing them, I realized that during the manuafacturing process one of the O2 extensions had the wires crossed. So I cut them and spliced them back how they should be, and bingo, no more stuck O2 reading.

Just thought I'd share in case someone finds they have what they think is a bad O2 extension, check the wire colors and make sure that they are the same, it was an easy fix after isolating the problem.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had problems with mine after putting on hooker headers. I went to the local car parts shop and bought some rear O2's for a 2002 corvette. They have a longer lead on them so I did not need the extentions anymore, and they also have a higher wattage header(or something like that) to bring them up to temp faster and keep them there. Mine would get too cold and start flaging codes. Anyways, the codes have not come back since then. I would strongly sujest to use them on amy header install. Save you some headacks latter on.

Quick Reply: Anyone else ever have a problem with O2 extensions?