Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to run wires through DRIVER side of firewall?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005 | 01:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Where to run wires through DRIVER side of firewall?

Is there a good spot to run wires through the firewall on the driver side of the firewall? I need to run some wiring harnesses for my gauges but they aren't long enough to run through the passenger side grommet. I dont really feel like extending the wires either. I looked for a hole or something but couldnt find one. I also looked for a place to drill but didn't find one either. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2005 | 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you looked near the hood release cable?
Old 05-14-2005 | 06:37 AM
10 Second Club

I was able to drill a hole above the gas pedal (maybe 4-6" up as a complete guess). It's been there for a few years and I've had no problems with wire routing.
Old 05-14-2005 | 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through just next to the throttle cable. About a inch down and a inch out to the left. Was abel to do it all from the inside. Note there is a the large section of plastic up next to the firewall with insulation on the inside that will need to be drilled as well befroe you hit the fire wall. Dont forget to use a grommet,once through. Worked great for my bosst gage sence I tapped into my brake booster line.
Old 05-14-2005 | 10:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I drilled the hole for my line lock wire right next to the steering column. Like others have said, there's a piece of plastic there. I put a grommet in the firewall and fed the wire through under the brake booster.

I think this spot is the best bet.
Old 07-15-2005 | 09:11 PM
TECH Resident

This is where I put mine... I had to drill form inside the car since I had not crazy long extension. But it was easy, all I had to do was pull the wires under the dash out of way temporarily.

-somebody
Attached Thumbnails Where to run wires through DRIVER side of firewall?-firewall.jpg  

Quick Reply: Where to run wires through DRIVER side of firewall?