Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with header install

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help with header install

Ok, so the manifolds are off, headers are in ( dynatechs ) but the damn front 02's wires are too short to reach the collector where the whole is to screw them in. Also, what do you do with the rear ones? there is no whole for those. I bought this kit from a sponsor who said everything was included. i didnt get instructions though as some others say they got ill be down there beating on it. Also, did anyone have to cut anything to get the ypipe to fit the stock I pipe?
Old 05-14-2005, 01:32 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

You need some 24" o2 extenstions for the front. For the back, you need to either pick up some o2 sims or get the codes deleted.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was under the impression that most, if not all LTs, required O2 extensions.

Can't help on your other question though. Patience.........
Old 05-14-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

got some wiring, wire crimps and a hack saw, going to make this work the hard way
Old 05-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Dynatech has very detailed instructions on their website, maybe that would help.

Jeff
Old 05-14-2005, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, you need some O2 extensions from the front or buy some Corvette O2's that come with longer wires. For the rear ones, get simms or delete them with tuning. I take it you bought a Y pipe with Converters if you are concerned with the rear O2's. If so, there should be bungs behind each converter for the rear's and you will probably need an addtional extension for the passenger side rear. If you bought an Off road Y pipe there is no benefit to running the rear O2's because they simply monitor your converters efficiency for emission purposes and do not effect air/fuel ratio. Sounds like you did well so far getting the hard part over with(header install) so a little more effort and you should be very happy.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

did home made extenders, cut 3" off the I pipe and the car is up and running. I have to fix the leak on the Ipipe y pipe merge but everything else is good. For some reason, i cannot see the instructions on dynatechs website, my browser is having trouble. Thanks
mission accomplished.