Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting the cats back on

Old 05-16-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Putting the cats back on

I've driven without the cats for about a year now. I currently have the SLP LT's, no cats and Hooker catback. This thing smells so bad to the point that when I come in the house at night, my wife says I smell like exhaust. Also, I just checked the gas mileage today, this was city driving, did not jump on it once during this tank, got only 13.6 mpg. Will putting the cats back on help with the gas mileage? The cats I'm putting back on are the Random Tech cats.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Judging by the mods in your sig, no the cats aren't going to help gas mileage
They will however help a great deal with the smell, and being hi flo cats shouldn't impact your hp level too badly
I assume you've had your car tuned after all you've done to it, if not, you might want to think about having it done
Old 05-17-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K2WS6TA
Judging by the mods in your sig, no the cats aren't going to help gas mileage
They will however help a great deal with the smell, and being hi flo cats shouldn't impact your hp level too badly
I assume you've had your car tuned after all you've done to it, if not, you might want to think about having it done
Yes it was tuned by Kirk at the former AP Engineering. The smell just gets worse and worse. I'm from the 60's and I know the cars had the same smells because of the lack of cats, but this is pretty bad exhaust fumes. Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread