Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on FLP's LT's and Y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default Question on FLP's LT's and Y pipe

Im about to purchase a set of longtubes and y pipe and i think ive about decided on the FLP LT's, cats, and y. Any of you guys run these? Did a search but only found a few threads (mainly install stuff, not performance results) on the topic.

Does it sound like a good way to go? Or is there any reason to stay away from FLP? Thanks in advance, Jay.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:56 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Personally the only reason why I would by the FLP's is beacause you can swap the cats and ory pipe. Other than that I would look else where.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

I am running these headers.And so far I'm pleased. The car made 364 hp before & now 390 hp but that is with a 3" cut out in the I pipe & the new GMMG cat back made 385 hp with the cut out closed. before I had a flow master on it & mac mids with ORY pipe. I am running the FLP's with no cats now.
The pipe is hitting the floor on pas side when I hit bumps just right or acelerate hard.
The Y pipe also narrows down to a 2.5" so its a bitch to get the Y & I pipe to meet together.
There pretty good if you can get them cheap. I got hosed, I paid to much for them.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Teching In

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by (JRracing 24
I am running these headers.And so far I'm pleased. The car made 364 hp before & now 390 hp but that is with a 3" cut out in the I pipe & the new GMMG cat back made 385 hp with the cut out closed. before I had a flow master on it & mac mids with ORY pipe. I am running the FLP's with no cats now.
The pipe is hitting the floor on pas side when I hit bumps just right or acelerate hard.
The Y pipe also narrows down to a 2.5" so its a bitch to get the Y & I pipe to meet together.
There pretty good if you can get them cheap. I got hosed, I paid to much for them.
Im looking at buying them new, do you still recomend them? The longtubes, cats, y pipe are about 1200.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jay_Dogg
Im looking at buying them new, do you still recomend them? The longtubes, cats, y pipe are about 1200.
i have them on my car. i think they are great. no rusting or piting nad they sound bad ***!!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Teching In

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 1BadSS 00
i have them on my car. i think they are great. no rusting or piting nad they sound bad ***!!
Awsome. What other mods do you have and is it an a4 or a m6? What kind of power are you putting down?