Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car wont start after Intake Install.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont start after Intake Install.

I just recently put on a lingenfelter intake.. I installed it..and the car started...but threw a map sensor code..it idled really ruff.. So i had a friend come over and throw it on his computer just to make sure thats what the code was about. Well it was...He askes if he can start the car..say sure...It wont turn..The security light,check gauges light are on. No crank no nothing.

Its not he VATS system..i have that bypassed with a resistor(unless that went bad)

So i take the intake off today..rewire the map sensor..hook it all back up..go to start it..and the same thing..nothing..security light. What could be the problem?
The cars on a battery charger as well..and still nothing.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No input on this one?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would change the resister or atleast check it. Also- try by-passing your clutch switch to see it thats bad
Old 06-06-2005, 08:52 AM
wrencher

If the VATS/security system is not an issue the security light should go out key on.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

see i thought the same thing..i put a resistor in to bypass the VATS..because it did this SAME thing to me..late last yr...is there a chance the resistor coulda went? I mean..why would it happen after my intake install though? After the intake install it started..ran rough..so i had to remove and fix a few things behind the intake..then it wont star.....

Quick Reply: Car wont start after Intake Install.