Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Coolant Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 07:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Coolant Light

So we flushed out the old coolant and refilled it and the reserve tank. We let it run without the radiator cap on to bleed it and got rid of all the air. The temp. gauge stays where it should be, the reserve tank is filled to where it is supposed to be but the low coolant light comes on. It's been staying on latley but sometimes it goes out for like 10 mins and comes back on. Whats the problem?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:47 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris3385
So we flushed out the old coolant and refilled it and the reserve tank. We let it run without the radiator cap on to bleed it and got rid of all the air. The temp. gauge stays where it should be, the reserve tank is filled to where it is supposed to be but the low coolant light comes on. It's been staying on latley but sometimes it goes out for like 10 mins and comes back on. Whats the problem?

I have been having the same problem you are having, replaced a bad temp sensor that was in the drivers side head and it still does it. It didnt do it before I did my head and cam swap though not sure what it is from i would like some input as well
Old 07-04-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

ttt4u
Old 07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The low coolent sensors in our cars isnt that great, mine has gone out, and a friend of mine has been through 2, what he and i did is just unplug it from radiator and the light goes out, not worth spending money on a sensor thats gonna go out again, just make sure your coolent is full
Old 07-04-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98NBM_TransAm
The low coolent sensors in our cars isnt that great, mine has gone out, and a friend of mine has been through 2, what he and i did is just unplug it from radiator and the light goes out, not worth spending money on a sensor thats gonna go out again, just make sure your coolent is full

That's what I just did!