Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to Know Which Oil Port is In & Which is Out?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member
Question Need to Know Which Oil Port is In & Which is Out?

I'm in the middle of installing a Mocal Oil Cooler with Mocal Thermostatic Control and the Oil Adapter that bolts to the engine above the oil filter in my 2K WS6.

Question I have is - which of the two ports in the block behind the adapter would be the 'engine out' and which is 'engine in', or doesn't it matter?

Only reason I am asking is because the ports on the thermostatic control are specific as to which is 'In' and which is 'Out'

So looking at the adapter, is the front hole (toward front of car) or rear hole (toward passenger compartment) the 'Out'?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

see if you can get to http://gmhightechperformance.com/tec...ch/index1.html

is your setup like this?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

That's a similar idea but my adapter looks much like the stock casting that is bolted above the oil filter - only mine has (2) 8AN threaded ports - one each that leads thru seperate passages that mate with the (2) holes in the block. You also have to use a different o-ring gasket between the adpater and the block that isolates the holes from each other (unlike the stock gasket which is an oval and seals both holes to the adapter at the same time).

My adapter also has the seperate port already drilled/tapped for the oil temp sending unit.