Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TDs: Flipping Fuel Lines?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TDs: Flipping Fuel Lines?

I thought I read somewhere about people flipping their fuel and maybe even brake lines on the driver's side of the car. My TD's driver's side muffler is actually contacting my fuel lines at one spot. I've got alot of heat tape on the lines but I'd still like to get them up and off the muffler. I just dont want them to get too hot. Is this a big chore or something I can do relatively quickly? Also, any danger with the fuel lines sitting on top of one of my Spiral Flow mufflers like that?
Old 06-15-2005, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

I would flip them, just for peace of mind. I had a friend help so I just flipped the bracket, pushed up, and he got the bolt threaded back in.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:39 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

So what do you do? If I was looking at it right when I was under there (didn't pay much attention, didn't realize I'd have a problem), I could unscrew the bolt holding the bracket on, pop the bracket off the hard lines, turn it upside down and clip it back on the lines, then push up and get the bolt threaded back in there and that would raise the lines?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:49 PM
m6z
12 Second Club

yep, thats all there is to it.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:50 PM
m6z
12 Second Club

just make sure there is no metal to metal contact with the lines, or it willl wear a hole in the line over time.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by josh99ta
So what do you do? If I was looking at it right when I was under there (didn't pay much attention, didn't realize I'd have a problem), I could unscrew the bolt holding the bracket on, pop the bracket off the hard lines, turn it upside down and clip it back on the lines, then push up and get the bolt threaded back in there and that would raise the lines?
Yes! The lines that were on the bottom have now been relocated to the top. Therefore giving more room between the muffler and the lines.

Quick Reply: TDs: Flipping Fuel Lines?