Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

end of plug wire (boot) starting to melt...quick question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default end of plug wire (boot) starting to melt...quick question

well the damn second cyl on the driver side, the plug wire's boot on the end (the grey piece off the spark plug side, msd wires btw) is touchign the exhaust and when i went to clean the grease i got on them off i saw it. its through the rubber but my question is, will that hurt the spark that cyl sees? the wire itself isnt damaged (although i have pulled those things off so much i might wanna replace them anyway). just wanting opinions, dont really know whats going on inside of that boot there, and i dont wanna have a cyl not firing right.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have msd wires and they are pretty close to my headers too, No melting yet. You would know if you were fireing on 7 cylinders. These might be a option for you. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ark+plug+wires
Old 06-15-2005, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks ill check it out

i know its firing right, but i dont wanna have an interrupted signal, or something that was weak.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
well the damn second cyl on the driver side, the plug wire's boot on the end (the grey piece off the spark plug side, msd wires btw) is touchign the exhaust and when i went to clean the grease i got on them off i saw it. its through the rubber but my question is, will that hurt the spark that cyl sees? the wire itself isnt damaged (although i have pulled those things off so much i might wanna replace them anyway). just wanting opinions, dont really know whats going on inside of that boot there, and i dont wanna have a cyl not firing right.
I had the same prob on my pacesetters i just got a hightemp boot sleeve for it. Working good!