Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP LT's and ORY to come, but...?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP LT's and ORY to come, but...?

What I want to do is snag some qtp headers and an ory to pair up with my LM at the moment. But, I have 2 issues.

My first issue is should I get cats and keep my air/egr and all the emissions crap. (which seems to be the more expensive route) Or should I dump it because I might have a way of "purchasing" my inspection sticker when needed in couple years. I know cats are more sound/emissions, but im not familiar with the functions of the air/egr and o2 sensors, are they important to keep them for other reasons?

My 2nd issue, is I plan on throwing dms springs on my baby and thats an average of 2 inchs all around. Now do you think the qtp ory will scrape? Is there a better ory for clearance that will match up with qtp headers? Ive read pacesetter is good, and banging in the floor boards is the best way.

So before I spend a dime, im very interested to see what the bright minds of ls1tech have to say about my dilemmas. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

QTP header good. QTP ORY bad. Get a kooks ORY it has to fit better than the QTP. If you don't care about emissions then dump egr/air. You will need the O2 for the car to run but only the front ones. You will need a tune to get rid of all the codes. If you get rid of the cat u will need more of a muffler that the LM. I got the Bolra xr round.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:48 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah, I've read good stuff about kooks. Is it good ground clearance wise? I was thinking about a borla bullet or dynomax (dynomouth). But that wont be for a few months. Thank you very much for your help tho.

Any other opinions?
Old 06-24-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the QTP ORY but I heard the kooks had more ground clearance. If u dump the cat u will need a muffler before then.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Found em on their site, only 3 inches tho. O well. not a prob.

Oh and why is that? Sound? cuz i like loud. lol

Last edited by SaintNJ; 06-24-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Do you know if the y pipes are stainless or should I get them coated?

Last edited by SaintNJ; 06-24-2005 at 11:08 AM.