Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which puller for SLP pulley

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which puller for SLP pulley

Just got my SLP underdrive pulley. Comes with a number as to which puller to use. Is it basically just a three-jaw puller you need or a harmonic balancer puller? I guess what I'm asking is what did you guys use to get the thing on. Thanks!!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

C'mon and give me some help on this guys.....the instructions come with part numbers for two tools that I need. which tools did you guys need to install your underdrive pulley?? Thanks!!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZeeQuick
C'mon and give me some help on this guys.....the instructions come with part numbers for two tools that I need. which tools did you guys need to install your underdrive pulley?? Thanks!!
Sorry, I've never messed with an SLP. But if you are just wanting to install it you should use an all-thread bolt/washer/nut like pic below. To pull the stock pulley you need a 3 jaw puller. Sorry if this is not what you are asking.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by code4
Sorry, I've never messed with an SLP. But if you are just wanting to install it you should use an all-thread bolt/washer/nut like pic below. To pull the stock pulley you need a 3 jaw puller. Sorry if this is not what you are asking.

Thanks for the info....pretty much just what I needed. In the instructions it also says that I need to turn something to 140 degrees and that I need another GM tool to do that. Any advice on that?
Old 07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
9 Second Club

OK, they are talking about retorquing a new factory pulley bolt. The proper way to install the new bolt is torque to 37 lb ft then turn the bolt an additional 120 degrees.. You can do this without any special guage just turn your wrench 120 degrees. You should read this http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=24