Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune question

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 03:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up tune question

I plan on getting a set of kooks for my 00 SS, b/c im gonna keep the car for a good while, I also plan of installing them my self. Has anyone intalled their kooks on their own? how was it?. how long would pacesetters last? trying to get the best quality for the buck but just confused. And what kind of tune would I need when the headers are installed. Im sure its gonna throw codes, just wanna know what to do and where to take it. I live in TEXAS.
thanks all.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed my LTs and the trick is to get the car up HIGH. At least 33 inches under the front facia. Plan on spending a couple of long days on it. As long as you are using cats, O2 sensors, and have stopped all the leaks, you shouldn't throw any codes.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did my kooks my self took about 4.5hr. I bought arp header studs and put in 3 of them first, got under the car and hung them in the studs then put the rest of the studs in after the header was in. The studs helped but not nessecary if you have an extra 70$ I would recomend them, They look alot nicer than the rusted stock bolts too. Get your self new GM mainifold gaskets and the stainless band clamps. Or you can reuse the old gaskets if you choose. (Edit) Forgot about the tuning Q. If you with a off road set up you will get the ses light, Go to a sponsor in texas there's a bunch and have them turn off the dtc's for the emmisions. If you plan on more mods in the near future wait untill those are done and get a full dyno tune then, it will save you some $$.

Last edited by conan; 07-24-2005 at 09:26 AM.