Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter install

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance
keith- Just tried calling you. Have a cell phone?

Yeah i got one, but I have no way of putting it to test things out or getting under the car now becuz We did it all at my buddies house he has all the tools and junk.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I went thru the same thing with my QTP y pipe, and the shop that did it pretty much had to refab alot of it because the thing was in total about a foot too long. I understand that there should be some room for adjustment, but that's a bit much.

For all vendors that sell multi piece y pipes:

Take a picture of the underside of the car, with the production pipe on,and label where each piece goes, and make sure that it is clear enough so that the pipe angles and whatnot are relativly clear... and take the pipe, and mark it up ( sharpie works ) how it is supposed to go together, a mates up to a, b mates up to b, etc. etc. These instructions in the box would solve so many headaches....
Old 07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Brian @ Texas Speed & Performance's Avatar

Keith- You were sent the wrong piece. I can tell the L2 piece is not the right one. It probably says(or should say) XR1 on it which belongs with our Rumbler X system. It should look exactly like the R1 but expanded at the opposite end. I just tried calling UPS and they have already left to take the Next Day Air packages to the airport. I'll see what I can do and get back with you. I apologize for the mistake, and will do what I can to make it right!

Brian
(806) 866-0734
Old 07-28-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

Keith- You were sent the wrong piece. I can tell the L2 piece is not the right one. It probably says(or should say) XR1 on it which belongs with our Rumbler X system. It should look exactly like the R1 but expanded at the opposite end. I just tried calling UPS and they have already left to take the Next Day Air packages to the airport. I'll see what I can do and get back with you. I apologize for the mistake, and will do what I can to make it right!

Brian

Its alright brian, thats why I deal with the sponsors (like yourself) on LS1tech.com rather then private ones. Because if theirs an issue you guys work it out .

I wouldnt think twice about ordering from you guys again, it was jus a PIA to get all that work done and to go and bolt up the ORY and its the wrong pipes lol. Very frustrating!

But lemme know what you can do and let me know what i should do with the pipes i have here. And yes the one pipe that was out of wack was the L2 that went into the drivers side y portion or the little y pipe, it left the gap you saw in the first picture.

Is there anyway you can get it here saturday?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Keith- I'll see what I can do for you!

Brian
(806) 866-0734
Old 07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Keith- I'll see what I can do for you!

Brian

Alright, i should be around 2nite, finally have a free nite so ill keep checking the computer.

I trust youll do the best you can

Old 07-28-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

This is why I deal with TSP and not Summit, Jegs, etc. Customer service when they aren't even open. Can't beat that, can ya?
Old 07-28-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

Brian,

i recieved the l1 the y and 2 identical pipes both labeled cfy r1. i didn't get an l2. is this a problem? my question is if you can help me because i have yet to put my lts and y pipe in yet and i ordered everything in feb.

thanks chris
Old 07-28-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1ownzYOU
Its alright brian, thats why I deal with the sponsors (like yourself) on LS1tech.com rather then private ones. Because if theirs an issue you guys work it out .

I wouldnt think twice about ordering from you guys again, it was jus a PIA to get all that work done and to go and bolt up the ORY and its the wrong pipes lol. Very frustrating!

But lemme know what you can do and let me know what i should do with the pipes i have here. And yes the one pipe that was out of wack was the L2 that went into the drivers side y portion or the little y pipe, it left the gap you saw in the first picture.

Is there anyway you can get it here saturday?

Now wasn't that much easier than getting up here and making them look bad. One Phone call and a couple of e-mails and problem solved.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

only thing i had to do with my TSP y-pipe was take the peices and get them expanded a little bit ot make them fite easer. then i welded it all up.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:56 AM
Staging Lane

me and a friend put in long tubes in my car (pacesetter) it took us 6 hours, the last hour we sat and stared at my car and wondered how we did it 2-3 faster than most of the shops said it would take...it wasent as hard as it we thought...the drive home was fun!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:14 AM
9 Second Club

skywalkrNCSU Im glad Danny fixed it. But TSP is a great company. We deal with them alot at Lethal. They are a great bunch to deal with.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:29 AM
SSU, come over and relax

oh i know they are a great company and i would deal with them again. i was just sent the wrong piece i guess and now its fixed so there is no reason to go on further. i just thought thats how they all where especially after hearing what happened here (before it was found out the piece was wrong). i just want tsp to know so they dont make that mistake anymore.

Old 07-29-2005, 08:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

stangkiller- You have a PM.

LS1ownzyou- I will talk with Trevor when he gets here this morning and see what we can do.

Brian
(806) 866-0734
Old 07-29-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

LS1ownzyou- I will talk with Trevor when he gets here this morning and see what we can do.

Brian

Alright, well lemme know via this thread, or PM if its something ud like to keep in priavte. Im just happy it wasnt me, because we twisted those pipes for 3 hours and just could not get them to line up, at least now I know it wasnt even the right pipe to begin with .

So let me know brian, I appreciate it.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Regular

Brian

Brian- you have a pm.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

LS1ownzyou- We will be sending the piece out Next Day Air Saturday delivery. It will be there by noon tomorrow, so you can get your car on the road! I will send a return tag in the box, so all you have to do is put the other pipe in the box, slap the sticker on and take it by a UPS Store. Let me know if you need anything else or have any questions!

Also, PM me the address you want it to go to. I have one for you but just want to make sure we get it to the right one.

Brian
(806) 866-0734
Old 07-29-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

LS1ownzyou- We will be sending the piece out Next Day Air Saturday delivery. It will be there by noon tomorrow, so you can get your car on the road! I will send a return tag in the box, so all you have to do is put the other pipe in the box, slap the sticker on and take it by a UPS Store. Let me know if you need anything else or have any questions!

Also, PM me the address you want it to go to. I have one for you but just want to make sure we get it to the right one.

Brian

Ok good stuff brian, I really appreciate how you handled the matter considering how much of a I can be.

Is the UPS store open on sat. if so ill send it back saturday as well, otherwise itll go out first thing monday.

And I just pmed you the address, again brian thanks for handling this in a classy manner , you will be hearing from me again in the future

-Keith
Old 07-29-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Double props to TSP. That's how you run a ******* business.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Resident

Yepp