Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??? Nick Williams TB?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ??? Nick Williams TB?

Okay just finished a customer's Z06. Did a nice H/C package.
We finished the car and left the stock LS6 intake on it and the stock ported TB for the first start up as we were using a brand new motor and wanted to the first few minutes to go perfect.
Started the car and it was perfect.
Exhaust sounded awsome. Car ran great with the old tune as far as idle goes. Ran a few heat cycles and decited to add the fast intake, and 90mm fly by wireNick Williams TB.
Start the car and right away we get the reduced power **** the Z06 has and the car sounds like shat. Give it throttle and nothing. So we start to track down the problem. The 3 of us working on the car all figure it must be something in the intake or TB. Start with the TB first. Start stealing all the stock parts off the stock TB and fix the problem. Cars runs great. Go dyno the car and with a FRESH less then 20 mile old 346 set of ported LS6 heads, a 234/238 cam it makes 470 and pulls until 7200 where the rev limited was set. Last night I get a phone call and it seems that the car is having the same issues again.
When you first start the car and clear the code it runs fine until you shut the car off and restart it again.
Every time at restart you have to clear the codes.
Anyone have any experience with this?
Anyone know why this has happened again and what might be causing the problem?
Any input suggestions, experience would be great.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn no answers
Old 08-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your PM's. Most likely it is tps voltage related and is easy to fix. I sent my contact info.