Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keys Won't Come Out

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keys Won't Come Out

Alright, i took the middle console out of my 1999 t/a a4 today, and left the keys in the ignition. So we take the shift **** off, take the console off, so we could install a new dvd touchscreen, and now the damn keys won't come out of the ignition. The car turns on and off, but the key won't come out. I called my mechanic, and he said that there is a solenoid which goes from the shifter to the ignition to tell it that it is in park, and is safe to remove the key from the ignition. Has anyone heard of this, or does anyone know what i need to do? Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 08-05-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had a problem like that back when I had my Dodge ram. I turned out I pulled a wiring harness out of it while off roading.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Default nevermind

turned out that when the car went into park, the button that you release on your shifter did not pop back out, so the car thought that i was trying to change gears, but i just poped it back out and the keys came straight out