Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electic cutout - how to do wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electic cutout

im gettin ready to do an qtp electric cutout on my car and wondering if anyone has pictures of exactly how they got the wires from under there car to inside and where did you mount the toggle switch and how u wired everything? any info would be great thanks
Old 08-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Launching!

I don't have pictures but can explain what I did.My cutout location is under the rear passenger seat.At that location there is a rubber gromet in the floorboard.I ran the wires up through it and under the carpet.Removing the rear seat was nesessary.It was a bit of a pain getting my arm under the carpet but not terrible.Continue it under the carpet to the center console.I mounted the switch in the ashtray(non smoker). Very convenient location for the switch.There is enough cable to make it to the dash if desired.Actually quite simple.I had everything pre-wired just leaving the connection hanging below car and took it to the exhaust shop.Weld it in, attach the wire and done.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:52 AM
Teching In

Exclamation Found this

I am looking to do the same, found this (slight variation on Jay's routing, but essentially the same)

http://www.stealthram.com/qtpcutout.html

Great shot of ash tray switch
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=cutout+wiring
Old 08-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Banned

so the qtp elec. cutout comes with everything you need in there package right?
Old 08-07-2005, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Not sure, in the same boat as you, interested in the answer though
Old 08-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Banned

ya well i went to their website and it says it comes with everyhitng but i see people making their own wiring harness and etc. with their electric cutout? so i was just planning on gettin the package from qtp that says it comes with the toggle switch cutout out and wires for like 189.99 and hopin that will do the trick
Old 08-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Unless I hear something to the contrary, that was what I was/am gonna do (what kind of English am I usin' ??? )
Old 08-07-2005, 02:22 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Skyranger
I am looking to do the same, found this (slight variation on Jay's routing, but essentially the same)

http://www.stealthram.com/qtpcutout.html
you're welcome
Old 08-07-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It comes with everything you need including detailed instructions. The instructions tell you how to mount the switch and where to put the wiring. You are going to need to remove the bucket from the passenger side rear seat. Cut a slit in the black floorboard plug, and pull the wire through it. Use a coathanger and run the wire under the carpet , into the console. Going to tap into the pink TCS wire and the black cigarrette wire for power and ground. Easy.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Yeah comes with everything needed.It can be done in about an hour or so.Mine came with a lighted toggle switch so make sure you hook it to a power source when key is on, or the LED could drain battery.
Jay
Old 08-07-2005, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

I plan on running mine to the TCS switch by the fog light switch since i dont have TCS. Doesnt seem too hard.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ls14jay
I don't have pictures but can explain what I did.My cutout location is under the rear passenger seat.At that location there is a rubber gromet in the floorboard.I ran the wires up through it and under the carpet.Removing the rear seat was nesessary.It was a bit of a pain getting my arm under the carpet but not terrible.Continue it under the carpet to the center console.I mounted the switch in the ashtray(non smoker). Very convenient location for the switch.There is enough cable to make it to the dash if desired.Actually quite simple.I had everything pre-wired just leaving the connection hanging below car and took it to the exhaust shop.Weld it in, attach the wire and done.
Exactly what I did, but I didn't take the seat out.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It'll be easy, I've installed a QTP and McCord - just post if you run into any problems.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

you're welcome
mrr23,
Thanks for taking the time to post that initially, will greatly help my "instructionally impaired" self by providing idiot proof pictures. This is a cool web forum

Earl