Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Ya know bout L/T headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default What Ya know bout L/T headers

I am looking for a good pair of L/T headers for my 98 Trans-Am. I live in Baton Rouge and the guy at ThunderRacing advised me to go with the Dynatech Supermaxx setup, but they cost so damn much. Any other inquiries will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 08-09-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get used to the search button. a good ~40% of the content on the external engine forum is header-related. General rule in parts is, you get what you pay for. That being said, you're going to need to budget ~$1000 for a quality set of stainless headers. Kooks/QTP (stainless) are the most praised on here, Dynatech and StainlessWorks (both stainless) are good as far as I know but not as common. If you want to go budget, Pacesetters are pretty much the best bang for the buck. They're not stainless and you just need to decide if stainless is right for you.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

I just got finished installing a set of Dynatech SuperMAXX headers on my wife’s 2000 SS. I've very impressed with the kit. Very high quality and the fit is perfect. The kit included everything needed, right down to the O2 extension wires and zip ties. The sound is mellow at idle (deep and mean, but quiet), however when you go WOT the system really screams out the Borla cat-back. The car is not as loud as my '98, but mine has stage 2 heads, cam, MAC headers and a Borla cat-back. I’m actually jealous of her headers. They are much better than my MAC’s. If you can come up with the money then you will be very happy with the SuperMAXX setup.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:52 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackedOut LS1
I am looking for a good pair of L/T headers for my 98 Trans-Am. I live in Baton Rouge and the guy at ThunderRacing advised me to go with the Dynatech Supermaxx setup, but they cost so damn much. Any other inquiries will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Go with Pacesetter coated if you are looking for a cheaper header. I went with Kooks, spend the extra cash